Please leave me a comment on my blog posts. I love to read them :) Feel free to ask any questions too & I will answer them as best as I can.

Tuesday 27 August 2013

Switch On Eve

It is 11pm at night & I cannot sleep. Not because of the Switch on tmw, but because of my cold & how sore & raw my nose is. But also because of tmw, if i'm completely honest.

Hubby keeps trying to reassure me that it will all be OK, regardless of the outcome. I know in the back of my mind that is true. I know I can't determine the outcome, but still it plays on my mind. Will I be able to hear sounds for the first time in 3yrs this time tmw?

What will the sounds be like? Some people say when the switch on happens its all beeps & blips, others say they can hear words being spoken. Will I need to wait until week 1 or week 2 or maybe not even until week 8 when I hear words pronounced properly.

Even with all my struggles or self confidence, how I view myself, my vanity, I am charging up the home video camera & digital camera to bring along with me. I know I have to do that. I want to be able to show it to my daughter when she is older. Who knows, I may never watch it. I may not ever want to see it again, but at least it is there in case. Just in case.

Video camera getting charged, the night before Switch On.
Will I show it online? On my blog, or on Facebook? Well, I kind of doubt it actually. But having said that, I may change my mind. I have so many friends on Facebook & in my blog that have supported me more than they will ever know. 99% of my facebook friends, I have never even met in real life but they all hold a special place in my heart & the friendship that I have with them is as strong as my real life ones.


The biggest question of all. The one that holds the most valuable & most important thing in my world of hope ...

Will I be able to hear my daughter for the very first time at 3years, 3months, 2weeks & 1 day old?

No comments:

Post a Comment