Please leave me a comment on my blog posts. I love to read them :) Feel free to ask any questions too & I will answer them as best as I can.

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Post of Interest

The past week or so I have been in touch with Medic Alert in Australia to figure out what I will get written on my bracelet. Being a T1 diabetic on insulin, I have been a member of Medic Alert (firstly in NZ & then in Australia since 2001) since my diagnosis back in the 80's.


It was great to see in the most recent newsletter from Medic Alert, a member testimonial about a woman who has got a Cochlear Implant & how important the bracelet is.

You can read about it via this link http://www.medicalert.org.au/Newsletter/Member+Testimonial+-+Lorraine+Mulley

I hope to order my new bracelet this week to update my changes in the information kept on file but also to give me a new bracelet which will now mention that I am a Cochlear Implant recipient & cannot have MRI's, diathermy or ECT. This is another little thing that I was not aware of before having the implant. I only hope that I do not ever need any of these things to save my life! (Note: The implant would need to be surgically removed for me to be able to have an MRI, diathermy or ECT. So it is not impossible if the need is there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment