Please leave me a comment on my blog posts. I love to read them :) Feel free to ask any questions too & I will answer them as best as I can.

Thursday 15 August 2013

Day 15: Post Surgery

Today I had my first proper shower since surgery. I have washed my hair last Friday & since then, but I haven't been able to have a proper wash. Have tried to keep the scar as dry as possible & keep the shampoo away from that area. But this morning was my first proper soak. Geez it felt great to stand under the shower head & let the water run freely over all of my face. Funny how much cleaner I felt too.

The shaven area is growing back quickly. Still fuzzy & furry to touch. Gotta remind myself that i'm not meant to touch the scar much just to keep it as clean as possible. There are still a couple of patches that haven't quite healed yet. I have been good though, as my last surgery on my head, I remember picking the scabs & that is probably where my hair hasn't grown back. I had a terrible time with the healing back then, so this one has healed incredibly fast & I am so happy with it! I imagine that is mainly due to my surgeon & how good he is, but also perhaps the technology advancement that is available today that wasn't around back in 1997. I dunno, i'm not a doctor lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment